Friday 7 November 2014

First impressions of the workplacements

This was our longest day until now, we've arrived back at our hostel at 6 pm. But it was absolutely worth it to get that tired in the end of the day. This was our first time we saw the workplacement, where we gonna spend three weeks. We're gonna start next week and I can tell you we are all very excited about it!
Marija (a teacher of Friese Poort) was so kind to us and took us by car to Akrum, a tiny village near Leeuwarden. There we visited SISA Kinderopvang, which is not just a normal day care what we have in Hungary. The institute was separated into two parts: one for the smaller kids by age 0-4, and another for the bigger ones with the age 4-12.



The system is different here: the children don't go to kindergarden after the day care, but they go to some kind of preschool, where they a learn a little bit by playing. The bigger ones don't stay in this institute the whole day long, they just spend time there after school, when they have to wait 'til their parents can take them home.
My first impression of this institute was very good, because I've met there nice and helpfull nursery nurses. I think it's not gonna be hard for me to feel comfortable there. I've met two supercute kids from my group and I just can't wait to meet the others too!:)
It was great that we had enough time, so we could sit down with the children and have some snackers together. Honestly, they have a quite strange taste. Look what sort of snacks they usually eat:

Well, I tasted them.. But I'm sure none of these will ever be my favourite. :S
By the way it's surprising how much sugar dutch people eat and drink. I had allways had sweettooths but this is just too much. :D
Anyway, I'm looking forward to next week!! And I think this is going to be a great challenge for me. I'm a bit worried about the language, I'm affraid that I can't understand the dutch children, but I hope the best!
After that Marija took us back to Leeuwarden, to visit the other workplacement, where one of my classmates is going to make her internship. That's an international daycare, I found it very intresting. Nearly every child in that group comes from somewhere else and they have to learn to speak dutch and this day care wants to help them to integrate.

We're all very thankfull for the teachers from Friese Poort that they organised this opportunity for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.