Tuesday 25 November 2014

I fell in love with Leeuwarden!

Honestly, I started to freak out about the fact that the date of our departure is coming closer every day. The thing is I truly fell in love with this place! I love the hostel, we live in it (against the dirt that's facing us in the bathrooms :P ), I love the people who are living with us. They are all from different countrys, with different backgrounds and habits,but they can make every occasion unforgettable when they come together in the kitchen and they cook, and play guitar and sing real fantastic songs. Everyone is friendly and open minded here and I like the way they live. :)
Furthermore I really love the day-care, my workplacement is a very lovely place. The children can feel safe and comfortable there. That is crucial for their development. I'm gonna miss a lot my tiny blond friends! Today, when the kids arrived at the day-care, a little girl run to me shouting my name and hugged me. It was a priceless feeling! *.* Then another little blond princess came to me, she wanted me to pick her up, and she told me a lot of things (about her daily news I guess). She was prettling in dutch while I was walking with her, indeed I felt at home in this situation.
Our group leader, Hilde is an amazing woman, I'm very glad I got to know her. At our first meeting I recognized a few similiar features of both of us (like our hair is curly, she likes Lenny Kravitz, and doing yoga), later I saw how exemplary she handles with children and how much humanity is in her every moves. I met another dutch girl, who was doing internship there too and I was surprised how deep conversation we had. She told me a lot of things about herself and her life and I found it wondrous that against all the bad things what happened to her, what a shiney personality
she has!
I feel very lucky, that I had the opportunity to get to know these people! According to me these are the most important things, what our journey gave to me whereas I expanded a lot in practical work too. I think I developed a lot in getting on well with children and in communication thanks to the internship. And the experiences I collected, the people I talked to, the places I've seen, they are treasures, which I won't change for anything!
I feel thankful that I had the possibility to be here in the beautiful Leeuwarden in this sunny november! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.