Wednesday 12 November 2014

ice skating for charity!

Hi everybody!
I wanna share with you my new adventures because I had a very special day today! I do my internship in SISA Kinderopvang and I'm with the bigger group. On my first day I thought it's gonna be even harder than with the smaller children, who can't even talk... But with the bigger ones it causes a real problem that we don't speak the same language, it's really hard for me to understand them. Today I felt awesome against all these difficulties. We went ice skating! *.* For real! There was organised a sort of charity for the poor children living in the third world in Africa. The theme was about the water crises and the children could collect stemples for each circle they skated. I had the opportunity to try out this too. Well, the thing is.. I can't skate. :S So it turned out funny how I was triing not to fall down. But the children who came with us, helped me a lot!! :) They were supercute!
In addition it felt also very good, that in the bus on our way home the children were very curious about me, they wanted to know who I am and what I am doing here. They were 7 and 9 years old but they tried to speak english with me and taught me a few words in dutch too. They were sooo lovely!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.